Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

A continual work in progress

The weather kept things interesting this past week. Add in all my normal scheduling constraints and that landed me on the trail Friday evening. Nate and I headed up to Merrell for some trail riding.

The parking lot was fairly typical with about 10-15 cars and no riders in sight. We headed out to start our loop. After getting thru the first section we started the Mix Master section to the picnic table. The dirt....was amazing. I was getting all kinds of grip in the corners which was making me want to push some. Mind you, push the corners....not push the ride. We continued on to Wynalda and more of the same conditions...HERO dirt. After a solid first lap Nate headed home. I threw my leg back over the bar for another lap.

I found my rhythm and was just enjoying the ride. I took Phazer again when I saw another rider take Siren. I beat him to the intersection. lol. I was crusing pretty good and he must have been surprised by the section. Anyway, he passed me right away and I made my way back to Wynalda. Not my favorite loop, but the entire trail was just great. When I came off Wynalda I made my way back to the shortcut up to the picnic table where Phaser and Siren merge with Mix Master. I was chatting with a few guys about riding and they were interested in Siren. I led, and crushed them on the descent. Downhill is my friend. lol. I finished up my ride and was feeling pretty good.


Sunday I headed up to Cannonsburg Ski area to meet Nate and Pears. I don't know why I let him talk me into riding there....so much climbing. I guess the only way for me to climb faster is to climb...and get faster. The first climb gassed me, and I was ready to just bomb back down the hill, load up my bike, and go home. lol. I didn't, but that thought crossed my mind. I recovered and pressed on. Again, the dirt was fantastic. SO much grip made me want to ride hard...until the next climb. lol. 
We chugged away and eventually reached the downhill to the finish. I wanted to ride more, but the legs were not in the mood. We all headed home to start the rest of our days.


Overall it was a good couple days of riding. Nutrition....that took a slight hit this week as I struggled to eat healthy all week. I would eat one healthy meal, and then pile in a few cookies or some chips. This is ok, as long as I don't go back to old habits. I started off today back on track and plan to continue thru the week. So while I did gain this week, it was only 2 lbs. That could simply be water gain, or the junk that I ate. The good part is that I lost for the previous 5 weeks so I am still ahead of the game and my mind is right. I just didn't have a good week, that doesn't mean I am totally derailed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment