Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Whoops, been a while

In typical SC fashion I have let life get the best of me. Things have been busy and hectic as always. 

July ended as a solid month of riding for me. About 180 miles for the month. Not spectacular, but with all the chaos I am happy with that distance. Even headed to TK Lawless and rode a few solid laps down there. Love that trail.

This month has been fairly quiet. I did take my youngest to Luton Park for the first time. She had fun, but it was super hot and she faded pretty quick. Fun to watch her tackle new things and try things she never tried before. I will tell you this much, if I can keep her riding she will be a fast little bugger. She started to pull away from me on a climb when she really put her mind to it. I can teach her how to descend, but climbing is where she will thrive.

Otherwise, not a whole lot of riding going on. Plan on heading out tonight and getting my legs functioning again. Just hope my lungs can keep up. We have had some smokey days from the wild fires out west. Yes, we are seeing effects of the wild fires burning out in California here in SW Michigan. Crazy huh. 

Need to get some solid base miles because I will be headed North to Marquette in a few weeks. There, I will surely be the weakest link. I don't think I will care much, as I can just ride my pace and get back when I get back. Watching videos and chatting to people have me pretty stoked to head up there. Haven't ridden up there since Ore To Shore many many years ago. 

So....here I am....still turning the pedals slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment