Pages

Monday, July 17, 2023

The GIANT downfall

 All good things come to an end. 


For me, this appears to be my long term relationship with Giant Bicycles. I currently own 3 of their bikes. I know many people that ride these bikes and have been very happy with their products. However, while the company makes some great bikes...the warranty department and customer service has gone downhill. 

I remember a few years go when Giant had an excellent rep for our area. He is a great human and just all around good dude. He would have made sure that his customers were taken care of. Now, the warranty people are offering less and less and pushing their customers away.

First off, I get it. As a big company you just can't give away the farm when something goes wrong. My Anthem SX is currently 8 years old. But, that shouldn't matter when the company offers a lifetime replacement warranty. If Giant isn't going to honor the warranty....WHY DO YOU OFFER  the warranty? To me, it is a shady operation. They say they will replace your frame if it breaks, but here I am fighting with them to get them to replace the frame that broke. They claim "this is an upgraded frame" from what I currently own. But I still don't believe that dropping almost a grand for a frame is considered a lifetime warranty. 

Frustrated.

Because I wasn't planning on buying a new bike right now....I don't have a bike budget right now. This means, I don't have a pile of hundreds laying around that I can drop on a frame. Then on top of that, I would need new wheels, fork, etc. because the broken bike is a 27.5 and the warranty purchased frame is a 29er. While I don't have an issue going to 29er, I would still need to drop 4k more to get it rideable.

So this is where I am.....rock....hard place.


Since Giant isn't going to budge....they are forcing me to budge. I won't be buying a replacement frame that should be free (in my mind). Instead, I will ride the other bikes I have for the remainder of 2023 and I will go back to Specialized bikes in the spring. This was going to be my plan anyway. Giant just drove the last nail in the coffin for me to make that decision. 


Goodbye to Giant Bicycles. I will not buy another bike from you. I will continue to ride the bikes that I do own, but I just can't justify spending thousands of dollars with a company that doesn't want to take care of its customers down the road. 


Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment