Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

2024 is already flying....

 



2024 is already off to a bang. Getting back into the routines and continued planning has been my last couple of weeks. Even last week was a short week with New Years day falling on a Monday. But getting sickly and not wanting to ride kind of put a damper on things.


The good news is that with the illness came some weight loss. Not really the kind you want...and I won't go into details....but sitting on a bike was not on my mind....if you know what I mean.


At any rate, we have been busy watching Michigan football and planning for Hawaii. Did I mention I am going to Hawaii? And when there, I am going to rent a bike and ride around....on one of the islands in Hawaii. Still hard to believe, but we get on a plane and head out in just over a week. But where was I?


Oh yes.....BIG NEWS. 



Registration was a few weeks ago, and this event once again didn't fail to sell out quickly. Thankfully I was able to get in. Along with Lisa, Tom, and a bunch of other friends. Gonna make it a good time up there! 


That brings me to a reality that I do not possess a mountain bike. However, I have plans and I also have awesome friends that have offered me bikes to ride. So, whether its a new bike or a loaner I do plan to be at LJ100 once again attempting to do great things.


This is where I need your assistance. I need accountability, motivation, tips, tricks, skill building, knowledge, and whatever else you feel like sharing with me. I know my tribe is how I will be successful. Lets go ride. Slow, short, long, as fast as we can, hill, flat, mud, rain, snow....lets get out and get it done. I have friends pushing me already and know that I appreciate you. Keep pushing. Keep checking on me. I will be riding a lot. Literally riding my fat off. This week will be back on track (because I am feeling better) and I will do good on the bike. 


Next week is tricky. Its a vacation, but I don't want to lose fitness. So, I plan to rent a bike and ride at least a few days while we are there. Plus, I can check Hawaii of my 'states I have ridden in' list. NICE! 


Also, we have a few things planned that will take some physical exertion. One is a short hike to swim in a waterfall. So roughly 2 miles round trip with some swimming will be good. We are staying on Oahu right around the corner from Diamond Head Crater. There are plans to take a hike up to the top of that for some photos. It doesn't seem terrible until the end, where the stairs start. Should be interesting.

The highlight of my physicality will be attempting to climb the 1048 stairs of Koko Crater. Check the image below. 

It looks like the views are amazing, and it will be a tough outing. However, who knows if I will ever make it back to Hawaii. I just want to be able to say I did it.


I hope to have a solid week of training followed by a solid week of vacation. Then the real work begins as the season will be just around the corner. Early season races like Barry Roubaix and Yankee will be coming up on the schedule really fast.


The weekend after we get back I will participating in the Frosted Fat Tire relay. So I will go from highs near 80 and come back to highs in the low 30s with snow...and ride my bike hard. lol. Should be a riot. 


 Lets make 2024 a great year! 






No comments:

Post a Comment