Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Twas the night before Barry....

Twas the night before Barry....
and all through the house....
nobody is here except for me.

that didnt rhyme.
i don't care.

I am almost ready for my first race of 2014. I will be loading up first thing in the morning and heading to Hastings for the Barry Roubaix. 36 miles of gravel, pavement, and 3000 like minded people. 



My house really is empty. Just me and the 2 cats. Wife is taking pics, son is at a movie, one daughter at her friends house, one at my in-laws, and one babysitting. Quiet. So, I have just been plotting my attack for tomorrow. Starting in wave 1 will be interesting. I need to make sure that I don't start too fast and blow myself up. I know for sure I can ride hard for 25-28 miles. 36 miles won't be much different....just a bit further. 

So....start....steady.
2 miles....the tree sisters.....early in the race....attack them
more......
more.....
more...
more..
more..
right turn onto the home stretch....one more climb and then a left, 2 rights, and a left....done.

See you tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment