Pages

Monday, September 24, 2018

Back at it

After a three week hiatus I saddled up and headed out for a ride on Friday evening. Knowing I haven't ridden at all in the month of September I decided to stick to a known loop of about 18 miles. The first mile was rough. Legs just didn't want to go. By the second mile my legs started to ease in a bit. There is a stretch on this loop where it is pretty flat and you just turn the pedals for a few miles straight. It is easy to get settled in. I did manage to settle in for the most part, other than the wind gusts that would slow me down. Overall it was a good way to get back to riding.

Saturday was filled with school clothes shopping, but Sunday after grocery shopping I headed out again. I rode almost the same loop as Friday, just a bit longer. I was able to settle in and feel pretty good overall, but I could tell I was riding slow. You can feel that your speeds are lower. I plugged away and ended up with just over 21 miles. I noticed as I was getting close to home that the temps had dropped. It wasn't all that warm when I started, but I am guessing it was under 60 degrees when I got home. Glad the ride wasn't much longer, temps drop fast this time of year. 

At any rate, a good weekend of breaking the legs back in. I did sign up for the fall edition of the Lowell 50 so I need to keep moving and get some good base miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment