Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Do you want it....

"Go outside and ride. And also ride your trainer. Unless you physically can't ride a bike your excuses are lame"
~Summer


"Change is hard. If you want something you have to work for it"
~Summer


These comments above are real. They are also "REAL". They were in response to an excuse filled post I had on Monday. In case you missed.....I used excuses for why I didn't ride. I got called on them.

This post is mainly about the second comment. And specifically the "if you want something you have to work for it" part. Because....Summer isn't wrong here. Not even close. And her comment got me thinking. Do I really "want" it?

And the answer is....not really. And my reason isn't what you think. I "DO" want it....but I don't "REALLY" want it. Meaning I want it, but I am not doing the work to get it. I can sit here all day and dream about my next century. I can imagine crossing the finish line of the Lumberjack 100. I can picture being handed my sunset award at the Coast to Coast Gravel Grinder. But my imagination isn't driving me to do the work.

Motivation is missing. That is what I am looking for....motivation. I know once I sign up for LJ100 that it will kick in....but I need to jump start it now when I have a few extra months to spin and burn calories.

Bottom line.....I do want it.....and now I have to work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment