Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Major Announcement

 



Guess what....Coast 2 Coast is in just a few short weeks. Less than 3 to be exact. 210 miles of gravel across this great state I live in. 

Unfortunately I will not be participating in 2021. The decision has been made. The reservations cancelled. The entry fee donated. Done deal.

It wasn't an overnight decision either friends. This has been on my mind for a long time and after suffering thru the Dirty Donut this past Sunday I knew it was time to just pull the trigger and throw in the towel. If it was just normal suffering on the bike I would have stayed in. But I had some major foot pain and some deep back pain that solidified my decision. Having to get off the bike and walk because your feet hurt during a 60 mile ride is one thing...but continuing that for 4x the distance....just a bad idea.

I have had some pretty major life stuff going on in the past few months as well. Things that have taken me off the bike and have attacked me mentally creating a lot of doubt and fatigue that has no other explanation other than being from the emotional side. Emotional fatigue that has created physical fatigue. That combo drove the final call.

So....now you know. I will not be there this year, but I very well could be there next year. Lighter. Stronger. More stable. That is yet to be determined. But this is the right call for me this year. 

I still have a handful of races on the schedule and will not be adding anymore. They are all 60ish miles each and I have a century or 2 scheduled as well. Riding will not stop by any means. Focus on the other hand....will continue to be on making progress and being a dad to my kids.

Keep those tires rolling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment