Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

2022, here we go

 Can we just agree to not talk about the past 2 years? 

Ok?

Moving on....


That being said...I do need to recap what happened to my year that was before this one. 


I had a very good first half of the year. Mileage goals were tracking and I was confident to have my best year ever. Then thins slowed a bit. Family events arose that surely needed my attention more than a silly 2 wheeled machine. However, I allowed the events that occurred to completely derail my year. I stopped looking at the bike as an outlet, and sank into my own depression.

The year wore on....and my concerns were still drawn away from the bike. Yes, I still should have been riding....self care. But I used the family events as an excuse. Self care was gone. I tanked mentally and gave up on my yearly goals.

I snuck a ride in now and then, but it wasn't enough. My priorities were where they needed to be...but once again I neglected myself. But, mentally I am doing good overall. Things have calmed down and returned to a semblance of normal.


So that brings me to this year. Already I have ridden more this month than in the last 3 combined. But this year will be different. No big events. Possibly no events at all. Just riding. Just having fun. Just getting out there and being with friends and family and being me. 

I still love the bike. I am even putting Albert back together and hope to get out and ride this winter season. For my own peace of mind, the bike is the outlet I need to deal with this crazy ass world we are living in. So I will be out there....likely churning away one slow pedal stroke at a time. Eventually that slow will turn into what it once was....a steady diesel train approach. I might never be lightning quick, but I will always get to the end.


Hope to see y'all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment