Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Solo Warnaar


I haven't ridden out here in a few months. But I really really wanted to ride my mountain bike and this trail is always a good time. There had been some major improvements since I was last out there. I was greeted by a brand paved entrance and redesigned parking lot.

It was not super early, and the trail head was fairly busy. I found a spot and geared up. I tore my car apart looking for my computer. Couldn't find it. I just decided to use my phone instead. I put my shoes on and tada...there was the Wahoo Edge I had been searching for. It was time to ride!



I headed out. On Saturday the trail runs in a counter-clockwise direction. Its not my favorite direction, but still a lot of fun. The dew was heavy on the grass and weeds as I got started. It was interesting to wander just a bit off the main trail and get sprayed with water off the tires. 

I wasn't even 5 minutes in when I felt a major pain. It was on my right leg, just above my knee on the back side. Boom. Bee sting. Are you kidding me?  I committed a murder shortly into my ride. 



It hurt, but I just kept riding. I was shocked by all the new trail I was finding. The workers have been super busy creating more trail and improving the existing trails. There was one spot in particular that I was happy to see a re-route. In the opposite direction you entered this area from a field...and rode literally right into the path of the disc golfers. Just along the path of their tees. From the direction I am riding, my back is to the tee so you don't really know if someone is there.

The re-route takes you away from the disc golf fairway and thru the trees so this is avoided. Well done gang!  Beyond that, there was more features added and I kept getting lost as to where I was. Not 'lost' in the sense of losing the trail. Just lost in that I couldn't place where I was on the trail because there was so much new!



I ended up riding 2 solid laps out there that day. It was a beautiful day to be on the bike. I took the time to just reconnect to the woods. It brings peace....even in the chaos of a bike ride. I was super relaxed after that ride.

I am getting there friends....one day at a time. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment