Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Welcome back!

 February was going strong, and then it ended poorly. Well, training ended poorly lets say. 


I was picked by my employer to head to Germany for a week to investigate a new opportunity. What that is I cannot say, but work related none the less. This meant a lot of scrambling on my end to get my passport and get everything lined up for the trip. My training took a hit.


Mid February I was ahead of schedule for the month and gaining on my daily goals. That fell off, and then I was gone for a week. Sheesh. Now I am way behind on my daily goal. This can be overcome. I did put a lot of steps in while in Germany because we had a lot of things to see and we were even able to get a few visits to castles in the area. Lots....of...steps. But, there was lots of food too. lol. Thankful for the steps and thankful for the trip. When I got back I stepped on the scale.....down 1 pound. WIN.


With the jet lag and fatigue I didn't ride Sunday or Monday. I threw my leg over the bike last night and felt really good the entire time. It was good to be back on the bike and back at. The season is here, and I have work to do....on and off the bike.

I finished February with just over 240 miles. Not terrible considering the number of days I missed. I am very far behind for March, but seeing the warmer weather I am ready to get those longer rides churning and build that strong base for my races. 

I also started Whole30 with Chris. This will be a different plan than I have ever used before and I think it will work good. It will do a few things. It will stop my sugar and it will help me develop positive habits. Also, with an accountability partner it makes it easier. When we have dinner together and we are eating the same things life is just easier. The kids will eat most of it....and then we supplement their dinners with something extra that we can't eat....like biscuits, rice, fried foods, ice cream, snack cakes, cheese, any dairy product.....I forgot where I was going. lol.


Anyway.....back at it because my first race is coming quick. Its not short and its not flat, so hauling this big body around is a lot of work. I need to make those hills just a little easier in this next month. Dirty 30 is the first race and it is exactly a month a way. Should be able to drop some mass and keep building muscle in this time. Keep moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment