Pages

Monday, November 13, 2023

The plan.....the plan.....the plan....

 " Don't you just love it when a plan comes together" ~ Joker via Original Batman movie 1989


I failed.....that much is clear. We all do. My year was yet again a roller coaster. 


But looking back I was right where I wanted to be....for everything. Sure I had a terrible Barry-Roubaix because it was ten million degrees (IN APRIL) and I wasn't acclimated to the heat. Mentally I took a hit....and I tanked. I was just done that day. Takeaway....mental toughness wasn't there.

A few weeks after that....I started TOO early at Yankee and had nearly everyone pass me. As prepared as I was for that to happen....some people race like they drive....like assholes. And it was difficult to stay positive while getting run off the trail. The takeaway....just be faster and nobody will catch you. 


A while later I headed up to Grayling for the last Fun Promotions event ever, the Hanson Hills 50. The year before I had missed the cutoff, so I had the single goal of making the cutoff and then finishing. I made the cutoff. Even with taking a dump in the sand out in the boondocks...in front of people. lol. Thankfully it was a slow and funny crash...not a high speed spectacular body breaking event. But then I finished....and that is a rough race. But things were looking good. Takeaway.....keep trying.


When June it I knew I was getting close to the main race....the LJ100. I had 3 long events leading into LJ. Hanson 50, Dirty Donut, and Cowpie Classic. As I said before, Hanson was a win....but I took a pretty good hit again at Dirty Donut. Not sure why that event is so hard for me other than simply the heat. I finished, but slower than anticipated. Cow Pie was a great ride for me. I was so ready to be done, but I rode a decent race and didn't kill myself with LJ being the next weekend.


We trekked up to LJ...and everything was going fine until it wasn't. The frame breaking at mile 52 is where the train came off the rails. At that point.....I mentally tanked. I stopped riding. We moved into a new house. July was a super low month of miles. I did finish Fast Fitty in August but then riding stopped again. Fell off the wagon. 

Went 2 months without a ride. Lots of activity....just not riding. Stress levels good for the most part....just normal stuff. Just not riding my bike. But I did get my trainer set up. and I plan to ride outside Wednesday. baby steps.


The plan....will be to once again attempt the Lumberjack 100 in 2024. There are obstacles that I need to overcome. Mainly, I don't have a MTB right now. But I can ride my tank Fat bike if needed. lol. Other obstacles are a crazy busy year. There are graduations, dance competitions, along with some vacations and other events that we have planned. 

I did manage to get signed up for Barry-Roubaix before it sold out, so that is a start. I need to try the 62 mile course again....and accomplish the finish. That means I need to have a good winter of training and a very very good winter/spring of healthy eating. 

The plan....

...is to drop weight...

...is to get a bad ass mountain bike...

...is to finish the 62 mile Barry Roubaix course...

...is to finish Lumberjack 100...

....is to have 3650 miles...

...is to stay conistent...

...is to kick ass...



Who wants to come along for the ride? 

No comments:

Post a Comment