Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain, rain, go away....

The forecast for this week sucks. Rain almost every day. After not riding from Thursday last week through Monday this week I knew there was trouble. My days were like this:

Friday: a whole lot of nothing
Saturday: Soccer, cold soccer in the am followed by working on school. Also watched three movies....Lovely Bones, The fourth kind, and Brothers.
Sunday: Mother's day. Sat on my ass watching a movie and eating while working on school.
Monday: worked then finished project for school.

So when Tuesday rolled around I needed to ride. Not only for my mental wellness, but because of all the junk I ate over the weekend. It rained all day and the weather was calling for rain every day until Thursday....so I got loaded up and headed out. I felt pretty good during the first part of the ride....but then the cool wet began to set in and I could feel myself slowing down. It might have been all the extra clothes but I was dead at the end of the ride. 18 miles in the rain was way better than riding on a stationary trainer......after all ......its May.....

1 comment:

  1. Yep... just keep getting out there... always feels better AFTER the ride... yep. :) Looks like rain again tomorrow and I'm so so so disappointed! My favorite group ride will be canned!

    ReplyDelete