Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What the hell....?!?!?!

That was what went through my mind yesterday at Fort Custer. I was riding the Red-Green combo and I caught up with Dan and a group from Custer Cyclery. Dan yells "hey it's Sean, I'm gonna follow him" and off we went. I was killing myself to keep my pace high. I had already ridden the red and was starting to run out of gas, but I kept pushing. I cleared the nasty root climb....actually.....I cleared everything....Never put a foot down for 11 miles at Fort Custer....Nice. Anyway, I was going hard to try and stay ahead of the group. The last part of the green loop is flat two track. I was about .1 miles down this portion when I heard....."here we come".....and 5 or 6 people (I don't know how many because I was suffering from lack of oxygen) went tearing past me. Then I hear Dan say "I am gonna see where the hell they are going" and he promptly leaves me in the dust......so......I think to myself.....

WHAT THE HELL..........

I am killing myself and they leave me like I am watching a race on the side of the trail. I didn't feel too bad though because they are all fast riders. What irked me most was that I was faster on this ride than I was on my race. I think the difference was that I was being pushed by faster riders...and not being left behind by faster riders......hhahaha.

At any rate I am feeling pretty good about my progress and I am plotting my next few races to see what happens. Hanson Hills might be my next race.......so I need to find a course with some elevation change......

1 comment:

  1. Would be great if you could make it up to Hanson... you'll fall in love with the big hardwoods & rolling terrain... I THINK. :)

    ReplyDelete