Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sandbagger

After careful consideration I have decided to stay in Beginner Clyde for one more year. I was doing some time comparisons after my last ride at Yankee and I just feel like I should stay in Beginner. After all, my time riding solo will put me in the top 5 of that group, and towards the bottom of the Sport group. I really really want to get a pile of awards this year because I really liked standing on the podium last year. I had a 2nd place finish at Boyne, a 5th at the Custer Stampede (after starting late) and a 4th at the Custer Time Trial.

I think it will help my ego to just destroy people for one full season. I want to know what it feels like to win by 4 or 5 minutes in a category that I don't belong in. Besides, I have only raced beginner for 3 seasons....why should I move up? You cannot give me one good reason.....but I am sure you will try. Here are a few....

#1 Competition: All I say to this is bullshit. I will still have competition in Beginner, I will just be the strongest rider so I nearly guarantee myself a podium finish at every race.

#2 Distance (sport rides an extra lap on XC races) : I really don't know where you are coming from on this one. I can blast one lap and be done....waiting at the tent for everyone....especially the people in my class.

#3 Sportsmanship:  Look, this isn't soccer...I don't want to shake your hand after the race and collect a "participant" medal. I want to collect my 1st place trophy and raise my hands like Lance 7 years in a row.

So, that being said....look for my name on the top of the list at every race I attend....in the beginner category. Maybe next year I will move up, but if the rules don't change and I cannot be forced to move up...why should I? This way I don't ever have to train harder or get any faster. I can keep my weight right where it is. I can eat what I want. I can just ride when I have time and still show up to destroy people on Sunday.  It seems silly that you would even point it out that I would be a Sandbagger. You should stay in Sport one more year too....at least. You only won 7 of the 8 races you entered....there is still room for improvement. If they change the rule just do 1 race short of the series so they cannot "force" you to move up to Expert. You like to win too right? If you move up to Expert you are going to get your ass handed to you just like I will by moving to Sport. This is such a fun sport and having trophies is what is all about....and seeing the looks on the peoples faces when they know you have won certain events 6 years in a row....and haven't finished outside of the top 5 in any event for the last 5 years. Lets just ride man.

(FYI: this post is only a joke. I will never be classified as a sandbagger because I have seen so many people do it. I have heard the way the sandbaggers are talked about. I have heard the bitching about how that kid belongs in Expert but races sport so he can win. I have complained about seeing the same name for 5 years in Beginner, finishing in the top 3 at every event, and taking podium spots from true beginners. Did you really think I would be "that guy"???

No comments:

Post a Comment