Pages

Monday, July 11, 2022

Set the goal for 2023

 Goals will generally help me stay motivated. Sure, last year the train went off the tracks, but goal of C2C kept me moving forward for a long time. 

The problem was, I don't think I believed I could do it. Yes, I set goals that are tough, but generally attainable. And if I miss the goal, its not the end of the world. Look at the Coast to Coast being 210 miles is surely daunting. But when I signed up I believed I could finish. Unfortunately the closer that event came the less confident I was. The closer it got, the less motivated I got. It was backwards. 

The first part of the 2021 was solid. I was finishing long races faster than I ever had in the past. Still, I wasn't losing weight and I was using a laundry list of excuses. Pretty typical of me....

Somewhere along the way during LJ100

I look back to 2015. This was the one and only time I ever attempted The Lumberjack 100. That year things were different. When I clicked the "register" button the whole vibe changed. That year was likely my best year for Mental toughness. Simply stated, I believed. 

Earned.

Its about time to come full circle. I am going to race and finish Lumberjack 100 in 2023. I have nearly a year to do what needs to be done. Mentally, I have to dig in and have that fortitude that I had in 2015. Pushing past doubt. Digging in when it hurts instead of giving up. Embracing the suck.

There are too many analogies to put them all down. So I will end this post. If you see me anytime soon please take note. In a year I will be transformed. I am going to ride more. I am hiring a coach again. I am going to be where I want to be.

Lets get to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment