Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Interesting week so far

Life....am I right?

The weekend was good. And Monday was a much needed rest day. The plan on Tuesday was to have a scheduled workout.

1 hour and 15 minutes

1 x 10 min Steady

4 x 6 min Brisk


Not terrible. I got started and it was going pretty good. But about 45 minutes in my mind hit a wall. This time I wasn't able to shake it. I had a rather stressful day in court with my ex-wife. Won't go into the details other than to say that the 'time heals all wounds' might be true...but there hasn't been enough time yet. 

Still wanting to ride I got on the bike Tuesday night and forged ahead. Warmup was good. The 10 minute steady effort was good. Even the first brisk interval was good. The second brisk push was harder. My mind was all over the place and my focus left. So I slowed down....and just stopped.



The plan wasn't working today. So I decided it was in my best interest to just cut it short and take a minute to mentally decompress. It was the right choice. I still got some saddle time, and then took time for self care as well as time for my daughter. Priorities. The goal is still the same, and a minor swerve doesn't mean the wheels come off. Just means you slow down for a minute. 


Like Albert says below.....balance is only found if you keep moving forward. Wednesday I got back on the bike for an hour training session. This one went much better as my stress level had evened back out and that balance was back to normal.


Don't let a bad day ruin everything. If life knocks you down you have to get back up. You have to dust yourself off. And you have to try again.

 Keep moving friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment