Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Random Tuesday....trends....

 I don't really have anything to talk about, just a few updates that are more than a short post.


1. Weight loss is going good. This year I am down 36 pounds. I still have work to do, but I am super happy about how I am trending. I have had a few weird (bad food) days mixed in, but overall since I got back from Germany I have done pretty good. Still learning. Still progressing. Its about the trend of my weight towards my goal.


2. Riding. Had the chance to ride Yankee a few times last week. Trail is almost exactly the same as it was last time I rode it....3 years ago. That doesn't seem right to me, but it sure is. I won't be competitive at the Time trial on Saturday, but its more about pushing hard for that 11 miles and seeing what I can do against myself. I was dreading the first ride I did out there. I know there is a lot of climbing and sand. But the trail was no worse than I remember. Yes, climbing. Hills don't tend to change. It was just like being out there with an old friend and catching up since the covid disaster. I went back Friday for another ride and was a few minutes faster. Still a fun trail. Looking forward to seeing a lot of people let it fly on Saturday.


3. Riding seems stronger overall. My rides at Yankee were not fast, but still felt ok. Last night I headed out for some gravel and hit up the Dirty Donut 22 mile course. Its a very flat 22 miles with a lot of pavement. I rode from home, which added 8ish miles for a total of 30. Solid ride. I say I seem to be stronger because of the sections on this route that do have some hills. There is a short stretch where all the climbing seems to be piled in. I set PR's on each of those segments. The reason being that I didn't have to walk. So I think the combo of riding consistent and the weight loss has helped show as improvements. I will take it!


4. LJ100 is looming. Less than 8 weeks out now. I still have a goal weight I am trying to hit before this event. And I have a stacked schedule leading into LJ. All I can do is keep moving forward. I do have Hanson Hills 50 as a solid test event on Memorial weekend, so stay tuned. 


5. Mindset. I am back to reading and researching and learning. This usually bodes well for me because it means I am excited to ride and improve again. Yeah I know I am only 2 weeks removed from a meltdown at Barry Roubaix, but hear me out. I bounced back by that evening. I didn't allow myself to wallow in self pity. I dusted myself off, regrouped, and kept moving forward. Having the right mindset will help me stay on track and attain more of my goals. I will need a solid mindset as my schedule ramps ups starting Memorial weekend. Those races every weekend are 50 miles, 61 miles, 66 miles, and then LJ100 (100 miles). 


Come along for the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment