Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweatin' to the oldies

Winter is the time of year when I hide indoors. I set up my trainer. I put a television in front of me. I pick out a movie. I spin. From talking with friends I know a lot of people that would rather poke their eyes out with a toothpick than spin on the trainer, or rollers, for an hour or more. I like it. I don't have to put on 4 layers of clothes, worry about my light being charged, and find thermal bottles so my water doesn't freeze. If I get too cold.....I turn off the fan.....or I pedal harder.

This year I am involved in two different accountability groups. One is focused on weight loss and general fitness. The other....well...these are the guys that want to punch me in the face when I eat Arby's for lunch. These two guys are both very fast racers and I am learning a lot from them. After talking to them for a few months the Rocky movies kept coming up. I decided to bite the bullet and purchase the box set of all 6 movies. The first one was made when I was 3 years old. Ha!

Anyway, I have been watching the series from the beginning. I find it easy to get amped up during the training and fight scenes. This evening was Rocky III. Rocky was fighting a character played by Mr. T.....his name is "Clubber" a brutal fighter. He beats the living hell out of Rocky in the first fight. On the trainer....my legs were tired....and there is Rocky getting pounded. The next fight....Rocky finds his mojo and fights like the boxer we all love. He is down and out....ready to quit. He stands up and fights for what he wants.......just like I am doing. Thanks for the recommendation guys.....

I am sweatin to the oldies.....how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment