Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Don't call here again (The affair Part 3)

It has been a while, but this series is being dusted off. You can get a recap by finding part 1 here and part 2 here.


A lot of things have changed this year. I have seen a lot of different numbers...some good....some bad. I flirted with 230 a while ago, but turned away and headed back to my friends 250 and even 260 in January. Eventually I had to say goodbye to these numbers and found myself alone with 240. Our time together was pretty good. Relaxed. Comfortable. But then one day I saw 230 sitting there with a group of close numbers. Hmm, maybe I should give 230 a call again.....because things with 240 have been good, but I think 240 is becoming jealous because 230 smiled at me. So......maybe.......and I took the plunge....giving 240 the boot, and I started to seek out 230.

The room is crowded....but I see 230 sitting there.....looking very nice. A full 30 numbers away from where I was in January. The friends here around 230 are pretty cool. 235 is cool, but I can't seem to get into a conversation yet. So, I will just hang out with 236 and 237 and wait patiently for 235 to come to me. Eventually I will reach 230...who is sitting there all alone....looking sad....and we can't have that. 230 never did anything to anybody.....this number has just been used as a milestone for many....and I am sure I will do the same.....but I still need to develop the relationship first.

240 keeps calling....not wanting to let go just yet....but I am done.....I haven't seen 240 in 3 weeks now. Messages on my scale, memories of the good times we had are still prevalent. I just can't go back now. My new friends in the 230's are a lot more fun. The pace of the fun is much quicker. The laughter is stronger. The curves.........eh hem. Anyway, 240 is not a part of my life anymore. 240, we had some good times together, but I am in a different place now. It is time for me to move on.....but I am sure you will find someone else to hang out with....I mean.....there are a lot of people that have seen you.....I am sure some will be comfortable with you......but I am done. I was with you for way too long...frankly. So....maybe it is me...and not you....but don't be sad. Remember our journey together. I won't forget....I promise....

No comments:

Post a Comment