Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

A look ahead

I have been on the trainer twice in the last week. Also did a few workouts on the Focus T25 program. I am doing ok....plugging away. This journey is a marathon and I have taken a few steps....but I have a lot more to go. I have a lot of work to do and I going to do it.

That being said.....next year I don't know what I want to do. I am planning a trip to Georgia for a few days to get some solid climbing and training in. This trip will be early in March. Head down for a few days....ride like hell....head home.

The season...well....as usual in Southwest Michigan it starts in the end of March. The Barry Roubaix is the first race of season. It is a 36 miles gravel road race. Huge party. Awesome way to kick off the season. Last year, I didn't finish. Out of shape.

A few shorts weeks after the MMBA CPS starts at Yankee Springs. Always a fun race and close to home on a course I know very well means I need to have a good showing. Last year I wasn't in the right frame of mind to race....and skipped for the first time in 3 years. Won't happen again.

After that......there are a few races I want to look into. One is a road race called Fisk Knob TT. A roughly 15 mile Full out ride on my Defy. A road bike? wha wha? I would just like to give it a whirl and use it as a training race.

Some others are The Keweenaw Chain Drive and Ore 2 Shore as well as that one in November that I can't think of right now. Hopefully I will be competing and actually having a chance this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment