Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Riding Outside!!!

On Saturday I took the little girls down to Fort Custer for Snow Stock with the Bike Fort Custer clan. We did some sledding, snowboarding, and had some snacks. It was windy, but it was a fun day none the less. It was nice hanging out with people I haven't seen in months.

Sunday, the plan was to ride the Barry Roubaix course, but the roads are pure ice up there in Barry County. After talking on Saturday and getting a road report everyone decided it was better to skip the training ride. Instead, I stuck close to home and took the Defy out with the CX tires on it. I had to ride outside and I really wanted to put in a solid effort so I headed for the hills. This being the first ride outside this year the hills didn't feel good. But at the same time...they felt good. It was just nice to be riding outside. I headed out of town and around Lake Allegan. The Dam is on the Northern end of the lake. I stopped and snapped the pic below.

Lake Allegan, the road is Allegan Dam Road
The sun was shining and the wind was howling. Temps were in the twenties. At this point I was feeling comfortable so I pushed onward. I headed across M-40 and out to where I know a long climb is located. The segment is 1.6 miles. It is a grind of a climb with a bit of rest after and then another long climb. I kept chugging away. The roads were dry and it felt awesome to be out on the bike. Rode a solid 27 miles.

Weighed in a 246 this morning. Back to 21 pounds down for the year. Feeling pretty good, and with a race in less than a month would love to be under 240 by then. Gotta keep moving! Still on pace to be under 200 by the end of the year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment