Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Island Lake up next

Since the Fort Custer Stampede I haven't touched a bike. With a lot going on a few missed opportunities....life happens. 

After lots of waffling I have decided to head to Island Lake this coming Sunday. It is a course that appears to suit me....flat. There looks to be a nasty climb in the beginning and another mid-way thru the lap but otherwise a pretty good course for me!

My goal...will be to finish. Right now there are 7 registered so my real goal will be NOT LAST. This will be my first time riding at Island Lake and at 18 miles I know I don't stand a chance for the podium. It would be a stretch to say top 5, but how cool would that be? Shit happens right?

Nate, Lisa, and I intend to head over and join a few of my team members. Those two will be shooting for the top step. Cool to have Nate out racing now, and to see him excited to be competing. We will be keeping an eye on the weather right now as it does call for storms in the PM.

Otherwise....I hope to turn in a few miles tonight on the road and then head to Luton tomorrow for more! Friday will be a day off and then maybe a road ride Saturday morning before a full day of knocking items off the honey-do list.  

This warm weather and sunshine makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment