Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Nutrition....ugh



Been fighting off posting about this for a while...but the proverbial cat is essentially out of the bag. I have been to 4 events this year...and people have...um...noticed. Don't get me wrong, I have always been a big guy. Well...not always...just for a long time. Lets go back in time....

When I got married I was 180 pounds. I had people tell me I looked sick. :(

When my oldest daughter was born I weighted 185 pounds. I was showing abs and feeling awesome. But, I broke my foot and shot back to 220. 

Then....I started a job where I was in the car for over 90 minutes each way and we ate at a buffet nearly every day of the week. I shot from 220 to to 270 in a few short years.

I faded back to 250 and started riding again. Got down to 238 once, then back up to 250.

I did LJ100 at a solid 250 but I was strong. 

Then....I started creeping up. Winter was always adding 15-20 pounds. Then I didn't lose any, so I went up again to 270.....then 280....then.....ugh....290...

It was time for new clothes. One day I stepped on the scale and I was 296 pounds. That was Christmas day of 2017. Over 100 pounds heavier than I was when I got married. Unacceptable.


So I started lose some weight. Riding again. As of yesterday I am down 13 pounds and at 283 pounds. I know I have a long way to go...and I am hopeful I found a solution. A few people in my family are joining in and we are going to get this weight off. The weight wasn't found overnight, and it won't be lost overnight. Marathon...not a sprint.


So the title....wow was I offtrack. Nutrition was the point of this and I took a deep tangent. But it brought me back to this point that I know I need to get my nutrition dialed in. It has always been my biggest crutch out of every crutch I try to use. Because I have gained so much weight I am actually concerned about my health...and my life. We have lots of stress and I use food to sooth that. I find myself eating and telling myself...don't do it...but stuff it in anyway. And yeah, after the race I had ice cream. But I skipped the donuts. Some days are better than others.

This week has started off well. Sunday was solid, other than the ice cream. Monday was dialed. Tuesday has been good too. I need to get thru 2 weeks of healthy eating to create it as a habit instead of a choice. Its not like healthy food is gross. We eat good on this plan and it works for you with where you are and where you want to be. No magic bullets, just healthy eating habits. Learn. Eat. Exercise. Healthy. 

I have a long way to go. Longer than before. But now that people have seen me out and about and know how big I am...I can't hide it. Now it is time to put the work in and get rid of this anchor that kills me on climbs. Descents...well....major advantage. lol. Lets ride.....



No comments:

Post a Comment