Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Interesting.....very interesting....

I realized today that I was only .02 away from 100 miles for the week. This might not seem like a lot of mileage to some people....but to put things in perspective....I only had 101.18 miles for the month of January. My training ride last night was very interesting because I have been mixing it up a little. This was the breakdown:

15 minute warmup
10 minute sprint
5 minute spin
5 minute sprint
10 minute spin
5 minute sprint
10 minute spin
7 minute sprint
8 minute spin
7 minute sprint
8 minute spin
7 minute sprint
8 minute spin
5 minute sprint
10 minute cool down

2 hours was a pipe dream on the trainer for me about 3 weeks ago. I never pushed myself and I have suffered for it over the years. Now, I am pushing myself and pushing past the barriers that have been holding me back on the bike. I am still overweight, but I am riding farther and faster than I was at this time last year. With just less than 9 weeks to the Yankee time trial I just need to continue on the path that I have found. Mileage will be my friend in February and March. I hope to get outside on the trails by mid-March and see how I have progressed. Until then, you can find me hammering away in my little training room...watching a movie or jamming to music and working on cadence.

Total mileage is already at 185.41 for February at the half way point. Mileage for the year is 286.59.

Oh...and I have lost 9 pounds since January 1st. Progress.

1 comment:

  1. YOU guys are making me so nervous. I am NOT ready to stop hibernating. ah well.. good work Sean. :)

    ReplyDelete