Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Solid week....for nutrition

I started my new diet two Sunday's ago and I gotta say....it works. I posted that my goal was to be sub 200 on January 1st 2015. I got some tips from racer from the other side of the state. He told me what he did and I couldn't hardly believe it. I bought a book....and started reading. Now to start....I am not here to tell you jump on this diet or that diet or to argue which diet is better. Everyone is different and I have tried a handful of different diets. This one has been main stream for a long time and I always figured it was just a fad so I never even picked up the book. This year my focus has been much different than in the years past...and I took a tip from a fast guy...and gave it a try. I jumped on amazon and order this book.....

I know....nobody was more surprised than me when J. told me that he uses this diet. It is fairly simple, read the book....follow the plan....only eat the foods you can in each phase. Well, it resulted in a 5.5 loss in the first week. And that was with 3 beers at Founders on Saturday (which are a no-no in the first two weeks). So I started.....and I am never hungry. I actually feel like I don't want to eat. I eat breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack, and then dinner....and perhaps a dessert. Simple....the hard part is cutting the carbs. We eat a lot of pasta, a lot of bread, and a lot of potatoes....along with a lot of pizza. Can't have any of them. In fact, I have a free lunch at work tomorrow that I won't go to because they are bringing pizza and I am really focused on losing this weight. If I eat pizza I could spiral out of control. As an emotional eater I tend to say "screw it" once I get off track and then I gain back everything that I worked so hard to take off. So until I get control....I just can't take the risk. That is my willpower....avoid it! That being said, the second day I was on the diet the rest of my family had homemade wet burritos...that I put together. They are delicious....but I didn't take a single bite. A few nights later they had Pizza. And a few nights after that they had Teriyaki chicken stir fry with noodles. I made my own version and it was delicious. So...I dropped 5.5 the first week and it is looking like that much again this week. That will not continue...I know that...it can be unhealthy to lose more than 3 pounds a week because you are losing muscle instead of fat.

So, that was my week in a nutshell. I am down 13 pounds since the first of the year. I am on target and plan to continue. I have been doing my Focus T25  off and on but I am still looking for consistency. I have ridden a few miles in the past weeks and my legs are feeling pretty good. I am seeing a slight increase in my average speed on the trainer which means I am focusing more and able to hold my intervals longer. So...I am on track....feeling good....good mood....focused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment