Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodbye 260

I have to admit something.....something terrible. I have liked my time in the 260's. I have spent a lot time with these numbers over the years....off an on and off again. 260 is easy to hang out with. We can eat what we want, when we want, how we want it. I am talking Pizza, Ice Cream, chips....anything. But the problem I have with you 260 is that you make it hard for me to breathe....you actually try to suffocate me. And because I can't breathe it makes is more difficult to sleep, or to even get comfortable. You do keep me warmer, I give you that....but I just can't hang around with you any more.

The main problem is that You are a poison. You tell me everything is okay but then you make my knees hurt when I run. You say it will be fine and my legs get sore when I stop riding. You tell me that the chips and cookies are not going to hurt and then a few of your friends come to hang out. I don't care for your friends either...they drag me down to their level and make me feel worse about myself.

So.....for the last time...I am saying goodbye. Not a goodbye as in "I will see you later", but a goodbye as in "I never want to see you again". I have already started seeing numbers in the 250's and I did see the 240's check me out as I was walking by the other day. See....you need me way more than I need you. I am a better person without you. I am happier. I am healthier now that your toxins are wearing off. I know I have told you goodbye before and eventually I have always come back...but this time is different. There is nothing you can do to convince me to see you again...ever.

This new set of numbers I am hanging out with are better numbers than you. They just are. But don't get me wrong, I don't really want to hang out with them either....just car pool with them for a few weeks until I can catch a ride with the 230's. Those are some numbers I haven't hung around with in forever...and I think it is time. Time for me to hang out with numbers that are on the same path as me. Numbers that encourage me to keep going. Numbers that care and want me to succeed. Numbers that know you are the poison that has had your grip on me for too long.

I hear the 230's are pretty amazing numbers. They love to run and ride and exercise. They eat healthy. They hang around with the 220's too on occasion, so that means I can start building my relationship with them while leaving you further behind. I can't wait.....it will be so amazing!  Wait....are you....crying?

Don't be sad 260's. Please don't cry. You are only toxic to me, not to everyone. There are people that hang out with the 300's that I am sure would love to hang out with you...and I wish them the best of luck with that. But sadly, they too might turn on you and leave you with only 250's and 270's around you. You can sadly find yourself alone yet again. I won't forget you though, I promise. We did have some good times...even as rough as they could be. But please, if you see me out and about...just duck into the ice cream section or the candy bar isle because you won't find me there anymore. Remember what we had....and don't make it awkward.

I will never forget you...................................

No comments:

Post a Comment