Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Yankee Springs TT goal....kinda

Photo stolen from Yankee Springs Facebook page


If you look at the picture above it shows a very clear "1st" right on top in the middle. For obvious reasons, that is not my medal. For starters, the race is Saturday. Secondly, there are currently 24 Sport Clydes signed up and I know at least 20 of them are extremely faster than me. Lastly, its Yankee....and I have a lot of work to do before I am on the podium here.

As of this point in time I am not even sure if I will be at Yankee on Saturday. Life is happening around me a furious pace. As with life, everything seems to be out of my control. So, I waffle on whether or not I will race, show up, or just hide from the general public for a day. 


Anyway, if I am able to throw my leg over The D.U.F.F. and head out for a lap of Yankee in a few days, I figured I should post a goal time. FYI, it won't be incredible. Yankee and I disagree on about 60% of the decisions that are made during this race. That doesn't bode well for me, because as you know....hills don't just move.

I have had the chance to get out and ride Yankee in the Yellow (clockwise) direction. I don't care for it. Well, let me be specific....I hate it. There are a few sections, and one in the middle, that I just cannot ride clean. The super long switchback climb that finally reaches its apex before dropping into the pines is my worst enemy right now. I just cannot make it. My average speed will already be slow, but a long climb just kills it even more. On the plus side, make it to the last 3 miles....and ride hard...because that section is fun...right up to the climb to the finish line.


So, I know the course ok in this direction. I have ridden enough the other direction to be able to determine where I am. That is a slight advantage. Disadvantage, I am heavy and Yankee has climbing. Knowing that I ride harder in a race, I will push my goal time lower. Again, it won't be impressive. I guess I have put it off long enough...

Goal time: 1:15:00
Average speed of a blistering 8.8 mph.

Secondary goal: NO DFL

So, I might be there...I might not. If I am, wave hello. If I am not, stop and say hi to my team. Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment