Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

2023 is here

 I hope everyone fully enjoyed their Holiday season. I want to start off by wishing everyone a safe and productive 2023. 


My Holiday season was good. Lots of time with friends and family. New Years Eve was a good day too, other than my Wolverines losing to TCU. But then the Buckeyes lost, so that was good.

Balance.


Balance is something I didn't have in 2022. I had a pretty good year, but not a good year in sport. No races, low mileage. Added weight. yuk. As I stated before, the damage has been done. 

For 2023 things will be different. I have already signed up for one century and I will be signing up for another on Saturday (as long as I can sign up fast enough). I have a docket of races that I am already signed up for and more that I plan to. Lets say....its time to get my ass back into the saddle and back into shape. My girlfriend and I are planning on joining a fitness program. I have my cycling regimen planned for the next 15 weeks. That program finishes the week of Barry Roubaix. In 15 weeks I will be lighter, fitter, and healthier. Period. I don't have a choice.


I am tired of being a sack of dough. I know what I am capable of and I have just allowed myself to become stagnant and lazy. If I don't make a major improvement this year.....its literally time to start thinking about just finding a different sport. Something like competitive eating. At least then I could make some money for being a hefalump. ;)


I know I know. Its the beginning of the year and everyone is all hyped to get moving again and the resolutions are flying. My goals are goals, not resolutions. I have a goal to finish Lumberjack 100 again this year. And the following weekend will be The Coast to Coast (but only the century). Back to back 100 mile weekends. One mountain bike, one gravel, one Me. I am setting high goals and I have the support system in place to achieve these goals. Now its up to me to work towards them. 

Right now, I have a lot of work to do. But I want to get excited about fitness again. I keep talking about the Tae-bo days and remember listening to Billy Blanks on a daily basis. Some might think that the workouts were goofy, but I was literally in the best shape of my life. The biggest thing back then was that I was excited to exercise. I felt amazing. I had confidence. Then I lost it when I broke my foot. I realized that I wasn't mentally strong. I never got back to that type of shape again and just kept getting worse and worse until I finally maxed out at my heaviest ever....and that was recent. Not good.


It took me a long time to get where I am, and I know its a long haul to get back to where I want to be. Come along for the journey. It starts today....

No comments:

Post a Comment