Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Nutrition, a work in progress


First off, I love food. Italian, Mexican, Indian, Mediterranean, Asian, fried, healthy, terrible for you, food. Unfortunately  that means when its time for me to buckle down and lose weight that I have some initial struggles. But, that is why its a work in progress.

This week as an example. Monday I started off the day good. I had my coffee with sugar free creamer, and had 2 eggs with ham and mushrooms for breakfast. For lunch I had leftover chicken and some rice. Dinner was a delicious Taco soup. The only issue here was the volume of the taco soup I had. So the loss was the portion control. I was on the win side overall, but the volume kept it closer to a neutral day. 

Tuesday, I started with my coffee and a banana. Lunch was cottage cheese and a some toast. I just wasn't super hungry. Dinner came and I made spaghetti. Overall, not terrible....but I ate WAY too much. Again, portion control was the loss here.

Worst part of yesterday was that after I ate I went and got on the bike. Tempo when you have a fully belly can be difficult. I managed, but the ride just didn't feel the best. Direct consequence of my eating actions. 


So, its a work in progress for sure. With less than 21 weeks until LJ100, the time to make major progress is now. And by major progress I don't mean anything crazy and losing 15 pounds overnight. I know I need to lose 2-3 pounds a week to get where I need to be and keep myself healthy. Its about longevity, not a flash in the pan. I know that when I get my eating under control that I will see the results on the scale that I want to see. And yes I know...'its not about weight'....but I am for sure overweight and I know I have a lot of weight to lose. Overall, that weight loss and added fitness will make me a healthier happier person for my family. Ultimately....that is endgame. 



No comments:

Post a Comment