Pages

Monday, January 16, 2023

First Full week of training

 I finished my first full week of training for LJ100 with just over 70 miles. The plan that I am working on called for a few more days, but schedule didn't allow me to follow it completely. However, I was happy with the work I put in this week. Off to a good start.


Weight held steady. This is ok, because I had a bigger loss the week before. I know this will start to come off as I keep my eating under control and keep my mileage up.


I do have a goal for 2023 to reach 3650 miles. That comes down to 10 miles per day. So last week I was on track. The week before I had some miles, but not as many as I needed. This week I will ride 70 plus and gain some of those lost miles back. Stay tuned.


Overall, in a good place. Still want to do some downhill skiing this season. With this weather, I will probably get outside and do a longer ride or two this weekend. This is what my training plan requests. A 2 hour ride on Saturday and 90 minute ride on Sunday. Much easier to do this outdoors than to be stuck on the trainer for that long. 


I had two rides this weekend that were both 20 miles each. Might not seem too impressive, but I was struggling mentally to reach 10 miles just a few weeks ago. It is actually quite surprising how my mentality has changed in regards to riding. I went from dreading sitting there for an hour to doing training for the day, and a bit more. 

Side note: Here is what I do on my zwift rides. I have a custom workout that I do that generally is lasting for an hour. At the end of that hour I look at my mileage and determine how much further I will go. If I am at say 15.7 miles I will ride to 17. if I am at 16.2 miles I will end with 17.5. Basically adding another mile into my ride just to show myself that I can push further.


Back, these rides haven't been terrible. I am looking forward to LJ100 and have to make the progress to be successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment