Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Legs hate me...

 Short story...my legs hate me. 

Why? (you might ask)

Well....what happened was....


It was a fairly heavy training week for me. I actually recorded just under 97 miles for the week. Yeah, maybe not to impressive for some. But for me that is a pretty hefty week. My goal is 70 a week, so I put a dent in the back log.

To top things off, on my Saturday ride I tried to do a longer route and it had the Epic KOM from Zwift. Nasty climb....and lets put it this way....



I am not a climber. I am an out of shape heavy guy right now. A literal work in progress. So I attacked that climb with all I had and I failed. I tried until I mentally said "fuck this" and just turned around and rode a different route. And to turn around in Zwift you have to be moving a certain speed. Getting to that speed nearly killed me. But even as defeated as I felt about that route, I kept going. I rode a few other areas and got over 90 minutes in. Not great, but again....on a trainer....for an out of shape rider....I will take it. 

So I rode hard this week. Had my miles and had two back to back 90 minute rides on Saturday and Sunday. Legs felt good after a solid week of riding. Then....THEN....I went and hit the slops for some downhill snow skiing on Monday. All day. Put those stressed legs under more pressure. 

Today my legs are sore. But I am happy to say that I earned that soreness. Its not from being lethargic or just doing nothing. The soreness was earned, every bit of it. 


This week is a 'rest week' in my training. Today was technically supposed to be a training day, but I took it as a rest day. Need to let my legs recover before getting some active recovery in tomorrow. Had a decent week eating too, as I dropped 3 pounds. So all things are trending North at the moment. Lets keep it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment