Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Well, I got in....

 

This June will mark 8 years since I reached my greatest cycling achievement in my career. Today, I signed up for that same even, in the hopes that I can reach that achievement another time.



Yes! I was one of the lucky 450 people to register for the Lumberjack 100!

So that means I have target acquired. Well, that and the Coast to Coast gravel Century the following weekend, but....that is just more incentive to get my ass moving.





2015 was surely a different year. Mindset was right. I was riding more. I was lighter. I felt strong. Still not super fast or anything special. But for me I had the confidence to tackle a 100 mile mountain bike race with everything I had. Sure I got lapped at mile 47. Yes when I left the pits for my 3rd lap the people who already finished were giving me funny looks. So what.....I left the pits....and I finished a few couple long hours later. 

All I know is that I am ready to get my ass into shape. I have a nutrition plan. I have a cycling training plan. I am heading to a gym on Monday to check things out. I am ready.

I have a few milestones before this race. But this is my Elanor. (kudos if you know the reference)

I have the following on my schedule:

I have a spring break vacation planned at the end of March with my family. I wanna be lighter and sexier for that trip.

My race season really ramps up in April with a Barry Roubaix and Yankee TT. 

End of May, memorial day weekend, I believe I will attempt the Hanson 50 again. Big black eye from last time there as I missed the cutoff time and couldn't do the second lap. So, the plan will be to finish that. 

Then June.....

Lumberjack 100. 

I will be looking for another one of these patches below

Finishers patch from 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment