Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reality....

I realized last night that I am sitting near 1000 miles for the year. Not a ton my many peoples standards, but a good year for me. I don't get to ride as much as I would like. Family has and will always come first. My two older kids are to the point where I can take them more, and I surely plan on that for 2010. I will talk about goals for next year in a post down the road. Right now I think it is a realistic goal to hit 1500 miles before the end of the year. I have two and a half months. 200 miles a month for November and December and another 100 for the rest of October. That is only 50 miles per week. I should be able to accomplish this goal with little issue. I am also going to start jogging at least one day a week....maybe more. I gotta get rid of this weight so I can kill it next year!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sean,

    I don't know you personally, but I too struggled with my weight. In the last year I've lost 60lbs. This may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but I figure that my health is probably the best gift I can give my family. Think like you're on a plane crashing. You have to take the oxygen for yourself before you can give it to your kids. Well the best gift you can give them is to be healthy and be there for them. So don't give up, and keep taking those baby steps. Remeber that we are all works in progress.

    Love the blog, John Grayson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment John. Sorry I didnt reply sooner!

    ReplyDelete