Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

1st long ride of March....outside

I met with Ron and headed out for a road ride today. I have never ridden with him but I have been under the impression that he is way faster than me. I....was correct. He pulled his cross bike out of the stable and managed to dust me with little effort. The good thing was that he never left me behind. He just slowed down until I caught up and then we picked up the pace again. He stayed in his little ring....and I was pedalling my ass off to keep up...lol. Mountain gearing vs. road gearing.....Road wins every time.

I managed a 23 mile ride with headwinds, dead squirrels, and hills. I am glad that I pounded the trainer so much in February, because it would have been REAL ugly if I hadn't. My legs gave out on a long climb about 20.5 miles in......I thought I was just done. I kept going in an easier gear and then I was able to finish the ride strong (but the tailwind had nothing to do with it).

Anyway, I didn't have a good weight loss week....and I am running out of time. I have been doing a one mile run for the last two nights...and I am hoping that I receive benefits from it. Anyway, I am already close to passing last March's mileage......and I will be riding outside as much as I can next week.

1 comment: